Part of being pregnant means that you have to avoid or give up entirely many common foods and activities that could put you or your baby at risk.
It’s all for your own health (and your little one’s) so it hasn’t been that big a deal for me. Most of the time, anyways.
I also keep reminding myself (as I do so many times when I get to feeling handicapped by my pregnancy) that it’s not forever – there is an end date, a light at the end of the tunnel.
Here are some of the things I’m missing these days:
- Soft, creamy cheeses
- Ham sandwiches, and other cold cut delights
- Charcuterie plates
- Hollandaise sauce
- Homemade aioli
- Medium-rare steaks
- Garlic and chicken (I cannot stomach the smell of either)
- Easily shaving my legs
- Taking Advil for a headache
- Reaching into the high cupboards (my belly’s in the way)
- Amusement park rides
- Going outside on beautiful summer days (because it’s far too hot)
- Sleeping through the night
But, for all the things I’m missing out on right now, I wouldn’t trade this time for anything, because at the end of it we’re going to have a beautiful (hopefully healthy) baby who’s going to change our lives for the better each and every day. And that to me, is worth it. All of it. Even the wine…
Mamas: What were some of the things you missed most when you were pregnant?
Photo via: Robert S. Donovan, Flickr.com