As I wrote about in my Thyme Maternity review last week, when it comes to buying maternity clothes in Canada, there seems to be very few options for expectant mothers, and even fewer still stylish options.
For a while, I thought that Thyme was all there was for mamas-to-be when it came to shopping for maternity clothes in Canada, aside from boutiques, of course – but then I saw several ads for Motherhood Maternity in several of my pregnancy magazines, and decided to look them up to see if they had locales in Canada. They did!
And just look at that cute T-shirt I scored!
There were two locations close to our house, so I decided to hit up the ‘outlet’ location, with the hope that they’d have more selection and deeper discounts.
As I wrote before, I didn’t think I needed maternity clothes, but after finding they can make you feel 100x better in your pregnancy, I was converted to a believer. Motherhood also happened to carry more items in my size, especially swimsuits – which was the item I was on the hunt for that day.
- I found a perfect swimsuit (huzzah!)
- Friendly sales staff
- A HUGE selection of styles and colours
- Clothes in larger sizes for fuller-figured women
- Online shopping
- As soon as I entered the store, I was immediately approached by a sales person – which annoys the heck out of me. Be available, but don’t pester
- This was the second time I’d gone to a Motherhood location that didn’t have underwear in stock. This is a pregnancy essential
- The sales associate kept bringing me clothes to try on even though I told her I was not interested
- No loyalty rewards program (or at least, I wasn’t offered)
- Did not carry several of the really cute styles I’d seen in my magazines or online
- Items were quite pricey and ‘sale’ items were only discounted a few dollars
- Items with deep discounts were damaged in open unrepairable ways
Mamas: Where did you shop for stylish maternity clothes?
Note: I did not receive compensation of any kind for this review.